Phone: 5049080045, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Data Analyst, with experience in extracting useful insights from past data and developing stable machine learning and statistical predictive models using R, Python, SQL, ML Azure, Hadoop MapReduce, Spark and Hive.
Programming – R, Python, Spark, Hadoop MapReduce, SQL, SAS
Machine Learning – Recommender Systems, Text Analytics, Random Forest, Decision Trees, Gradient Boosting, Support Vector Machine, Artificial Neural Networks
Data Analysis – Data wrangling and exploration, Feature Engineering, Predictive model building, Model selection, Model Evaluation and Metrics, Cross Validation, A/B Testing
Statistical Analysis – ANOVA, Multiple Regression, Confidence intervals, Hypothesis testing, Significance Tests
ML Azure – Data Cleaning and exploration, building Machine Learning models
Data Analysis Tools – ML Azure, Tableau, MS Excel, SAS Enterprise Guide, Weka, SAP, Power BI
Financial Analysis – Balance sheet, Income statement and Cash Flow Analysis, Financial Ratio Analysis, Portfolio Analysis, Credit Risk Modeling
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS, ARLINGTON – December 2017
Master of Science – Business Analytics – GPA: 3.7
Relevant Coursework: Advanced Business Statistics, Economic Analysis, Web and Social Analytics, Predictive Modeling using R, Principles of Business Data Mining, Big Data Analytics, Measurement and Analysis for Business Decision Making, Economic Forecasting using R.
DATA SCIENCE AND DATA ENGINEERING BOOTCAMP, Austin – January 2017
Attended a 5 Day – boot camp on Data Science, Data Engineering and Machine Learning, conducted by Data Science Dojo, at AT&T Executive Education Center at University of Texas, Austin.
SCSVMV University, India – May 2011
Bachelor of Engineering – Electronics and Communication Engineering – GPA: 4.0
DATA ANALYTICS PROJECTS
- Temporal structural model embedded in a logit framework in R, to predict whether a customer would renew the service contract with a company based on past incidents and various factors variables.
- Research for Washington Nationals: Random Forest model in R, to predict “Pitch Type”.
- Pricing and Sales Analysis for a store, based on Advertisement expenditure, Rebates and a seasonal factor for Christmas. Also developed a methodology that would easily facilitate Model Selection.
- XGBoost model in R to predict the interest level in each Rental Listing in a Real-estate website.
- Predicted Survival Rate on Titanic, using Random Forest in R.
- Random Forest model in R and PySpark, to predict housing prices, for a competition in Kaggle.com.
Awarded the Wayne Watts scholarship for the year 2016-2017, at University of Texas, Arlington.
Cognizant Technology Solutions, India – Programmer Analyst – September 2011 – July 2014
- Quality Assurance Engineer in a Social Networking project that helped members of the organization connect with peers in various innovative ways and also track the progress of their respective projects.
- Member of Agile Scrum Testing team, Specialized in Regression testing and UAT.
- Software Testing Lifecycle, preparing Understanding document, Test plan and strategy, developing and executing test cases, Regression testing, User Acceptance testing
- ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualification Board) Certified
- Awarded “Exceeded All Expectations” – the highest rating in the year-end appraisal in Cognizant Technology Solutions, for logging the highest number of defects that was brought to closure.